Monday, April 6, 2009

Coffee and Exercise

I saw this on Digg the other day and wanted to comment on it. Researchers have determined that coffee can lessen the pain of exercise. Specifically it is the caffeine in coffee that helps and it doesn't matter if you are a habitual coffee drinker or abstain from coffee altogether.

I can tell you from personal experience that this works. When I graduated from university I had gained quite a bit of weight. I decided it was time to drop my college 30 so I started running at the gym. I started having a cup of coffee before my run for it's metabolism boosting properties but I also noticed on the days after my run I bounced back faster then day I ran without coffee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I should give it a try. Does that mean I will lose my extra 5 lbs around my waist too. :-)