Monday, September 30, 2013

Books I Read Last Week

Whoops, sorry was traveling last week and didn't get a chance to pull together a post.
Cooked: A Natural History of Transformation by Michael Pollan is not my favourite book by the author. In this one he learns how to cook by working with some incredible chefs that are out of the realm of a mere mortals ability to contact.There is some interesting info on how to cook but it is certainly not a cookbook. I'd probably take a pass on this one if I had the chance to do it over again.
The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Guardian by Jack Campbell. In this third book of his Beyond the Frontier trilogy the fleet is on their way home. On their way they have to defend the Midway star system from an attempted takeover by the Syndicate Empire who want to bring Midway back into the fold.

Check out my post from last week to see how I feel about the second book in this series.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info on "Cooked" - I will probably skip it. I wasn't that impressed with "The Botany of Desire" even though I stuck it out to the end. I have enjoyed other Michael Pollan books, though.