Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Late Report on This Year's Terry Fox Run

Well even with a late start on fund raising this year I ended up collecting $940 for cancer research. Many thanks to all of you who donated this year.


This year I completed the run my friend, Paul Brun, who I've been doing the run with for years now. He brought along his new girl friend, Kate, and brother Jan. Jan broke his toe week end before the run doing a triathlon so we ended up walking the 10 km at a leisurely pace. All in all it took us about 2 hours. You can see our route by following this link courtesy of a new application on my iPhone called RunKeeper. It works really well with the on board GPS.

Along the run I ran into fellow Straight Talking Java mailing list member, Carl Hume and two hockey buddies Shane Barclay and Steve Crane. All three of them were doing the run with their families which makes me think seriously about getting Anna out with us next year.

No comments: