Friday, October 7, 2011

Books I've Read This Week


The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss is pretty great sequel to his debut novel, Name of the Wind. Usually, when someone works their entire life on their first book or album the sequel is a bit of a disappointment. Not so in this case. The second book is every bit as engaging and well written as the first. I highly recommend this series to any fantasy fans. As an added bonus Rothfuss is young enough to be able to finish this epic tale which is something I now look for in an author.

B.P.R.D. Volume 1: Hollow Earth and Other Stories is actually the first time I've read a B.P.R.D. collection. While a big fan of Hellboy I've never picked up B.P.R.D. before. This collection picks up shortly after Hellboy leaves B.P.R.D. and introduces a new character, Johann Krauss who is a dead medium in an ectoplasmic form. He gets to walk around in a containment suit which is just hilarious.

It is a collection of a few shorter stories and features the art of Ryan Sook. I really enjoyed the small taste of B.P.R.D. I got and can't wait to get some of the later trades where the entire volume focuses on one storyline.

One Piece, Vol. 23 the battle between Crocodile and Luffy comes to a conclusion. 

See you next Friday

No comments: