Saturday, October 27, 2012

Books I've Read This Week

Mobile First by Luke Wroblewski is a manifesto for properly designing web pages. With the advent of mobile devices we need to start thinking of smaller screens first and build our way up to larger screens. He makes a number of really good points as to why you should go mobile first and he backs it up with plenty of data. Although this isn't really a book about responsive design, for that you should check out Responsive Web Design by Ethan Marcotte for a great book on the topic. 
Disarming the Narcissist by Wendy T. Behary is exactly the type of book I needed to read. I firmly believe that the world, nay the cosmos revolves around me. You see, I am a narcissist. Now the question is does that level of self awareness make me more of an ass or less of an ass? Probably more.

So this book was very, very interesting to me. A number of things I read helped me understand better how people relate and react to my behaviour. I can honestly say the book was eye opening. I hope that I can put to use what I've learned in this book to better relate to my family and friends.

Also, if you've met me and come away with the impression that I'm a jerk. Sorry. I know ignorance is not a defence but I hope to leave you with a better impression on a second meeting.

No comments: