Thursday, November 5, 2009

Starbucks to Offer Frequent Buyer Program

Starbucks is changing the way their Starbucks Card program works. The new program is called My Starbucks Rewards and has a variety of reward levels. Each time you make a purchase with your card you earn a star. After 5 stars you get a variety of rewards like 2 hours of free wi-fi per day that you currently get with the current reward card program. After 30 stars you start earning free coffees for every 15 stars.

My take is that it makes things worse for the current Starbucks card users but makes things better for Starbucks Gold card users as there will no longer be a yearly fee associated with that card level.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rather nice place you've got here. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. BTW, why don't you change design :).

Simon MacDonald said...

I can only answer your question regarding the design of the site with a multiple choice question:

a) I don't think there is anything wrong with the design
b) I'm too lazy
c) I have no photoshop skills to speak of
d) all of the above

I think the correct answer is obvious to all.

Anonymous said...

I definitely want to read a bit more soon. By the way, rather nice design you have here, but don’t you think it should be changed from time to time?