Friday, September 9, 2011

Books I've Read This Week

I was on vacation and travelling for most of the week. Surprisingly I didn't get a chance to read as many books as I would have liked.

Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi is just the kind of book my Dad would love to read as it is a legal procedural. Albiet it takes place on another planet and deals with the the rights of the native species of the planet which is why I like it. The main character is an irascible, but funny, bastard who makes you want to hit him while at the same time you are cheering him on.

Hex And The City by Simon R Green is the fourth book in the Nightside series. I'm not exactly in love with this series of books but I needed something to listen to in the car on my daily commutes and it was available on audio book, so there you go.

The main character, John Taylor, is searching for the origins of the Nightside and clues to his mother's identity. We are treated to lots and lots of exposition as John uncovers the answers he seeks. Basically this book didn't have a lot of conflict in it but rather seemed to be setting up the next novels and fleshing out the world of the Nightside.

See you next Friday.

No comments: